example dictionary entries wanted for 6929 - for new Extended Type 241.XX and Long ExtendedType 246.XX

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 30 19:04:28 CEST 2019

On Sep 30, 2019, at 12:39 PM, robert.stannard at bt.com wrote:
> I've had a look and find only one dictionary file with a few lines of examples.

  Then you're looking at an old version of the server.

> <<----------------------------------------
> # -*- text -*-
> # Copyright (C) 2013 The FreeRADIUS Server project and contributors

  There have been many new dictionaries since then:

$ ls share/dictionary.rfc7*
share/dictionary.rfc7055	share/dictionary.rfc7268	share/dictionary.rfc7930
share/dictionary.rfc7155	share/dictionary.rfc7499

> ​Would you have any other sources that I can look for for more comprehensive samples/examples and documentation ? I am interested in TLVs, evs, the extended-long-type etc...

  I've never understood this question.  You're really asking if we have super-secret examples that we *don't* ship with the server?  Examples that we give out only if people ask "pretty please" for them?

  Everything we have is shipped with the server.  It's that simple.  If you're looking for something specific, ask.  Or read the code.

  But this isn't difficult.  The dictionaries in v3 are in the share/dictionarr.rfc* files.  There's no magic.