example dictionary entries wanted for 6929 - for new Extended Type 241.XX and Long ExtendedType 246.XX

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 30 19:08:46 CEST 2019

On Sep 30, 2019, at 1:04 PM, <robert.stannard at bt.com> <robert.stannard at bt.com> wrote:

> I have the source already available locally so used your grep command to do the search and did find many tlv examples. So thank you for that.

  Is it really that amazing to use "grep?"

  Honestly, that's a bit surprising.

> Can you please tell me then, how to distinguish between tlv and extended-type since both can be represented in dot notation i.e. xxx.1, xxx.2
>
> Also I doing a search using the grep command I couldn't find any examples of any of the other new data-types documented as part of the radius extensions RFC6929.

  It's simple:

a) you are creating a FreeRADIUS dictionary.  If so, just create the dictionary.  It's not difficult.  There are examples and documentation.  If you have specific questions about it, ask.  We can help.

b) you are trying to understand RADIUS in general, *outside* of FreeRADIUS.  In which case we can't help you.  You should do what we did: learn.

  This list is for FreeRADIUS.  Not for general RADIUS Q&A.