LDAP Simultaneous-use

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 23 15:58:13 CEST 2020

On Sep 23, 2020, at 9:31 AM, Alex <allexander.alex at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just asking for some advices about the documentation to read.
> I'm not saying "it's not working, this is my conf please solve me the
> problem".

  OK.

> I'm basing the config on the rlm_ldap config file in mods-available dir and
> https://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_ldap (in both i'm hot able to find
> any reference to Simultaneous-Use attribute and how to map it to an ldap
> attribute)

  The server includes about 8000 attributes.  There is *not* documentation on how to set *each individual attribute*.

> So please, if there is some other documentation detail that I'm missing,
> please tell me.

  The mods-available/ldap file contains complete documentation on how to map any LDAP attribute to any RADIUS attribute.  See the "update" section.

  All you need to do is put "Simultaneous-Use = 1" into 'radiusControlAttribute', as the documentation makes clear.

  The documentation does NOT give you instructions for creating every possible configuration.  That's impossible.

  The documentation requires the admin to read it, understand it, and apply it to the current situation.  i.e. it describes how the server works.  Putting the pieces together is up to you.