SQL Simultaneous usage checks

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 20 17:31:12 CEST 2021

On Jul 20, 2021, at 11:22 AM, David Herselman via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> I've replaced an ancient FR 1.1.3 system with FR 3.0.17 from Debian buster and subsequently appear to be experiencing a problem where I would like user attributes to take precedence over those returned from the associated user's group.

  See:  https://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_sql

  The operators are documented there.

> I don't appear to find any references on the legacy system where this appears to have been changed and am a little stuck on how to get the new system to behave the same way.

  I don't think it changed, but it's been a while since I looked at version 1.  The operators have been in SQL, and the SQL module works the same way for a very long time now.

> From a debug:
> (2) sql: User found in radcheck table
> (2) sql: Conditional check items matched, merging assignment check items
> (2) sql:   User-Password := "************"

  Use: Cleartext-Password := ...

> (2) sql:   Simultaneous-Use := 20
> (2) sql:   Max-Monthly-Traffic := 2450000
> <snip>
> (2) sql: Group "ADSL_Local_1G": Merging assignment check items
> (2) sql:   Simultaneous-Use := 4

  Use Simultaneous-Use += 4

> (2) sql:   Max-Monthly-Traffic := 1000
> <snip>
> (2) Multiple logins (max 4) : [companyd2382 at local.dslrealm.co.za] (from client telkom-saix port 4444444444 cli 0112223333)
>
> Would this require us to change the source code, to obtain the group membership attributes ahead of those associated with the user?

  No.