FreeRadius and Circuit-ID

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 10 16:46:58 UTC 2022

On Nov 10, 2022, at 4:28 PM, <filip.m.nikolic at roamingnetworks.rs> <filip.m.nikolic at roamingnetworks.rs> wrote:
> We are playing around with a scenario for subscriber attachment based on
> circuit-id and remote-id and ignoring PAP/CHAP.

  That's fine.

> Idea is that you do not need to authenticate a user, just grant him access
> based on the fixed port in the access node.
>
> We struggle in the right configuration, so we are wondering if someone play
> with that and if someone can help us?

  Read the debug log to see what attributes are in the packet, and what their values are.

  Then, in a virtual server do:

authorize {
	if (... attribute matches value ..)  {
		update control {
			Auth-Type := Accept

  If you want a more detailed answer, you will need to ask a more detailed question.