FreeRadius and Circuit-ID

filip.m.nikolic at roamingnetworks.rs filip.m.nikolic at roamingnetworks.rs
Mon Nov 14 09:19:35 UTC 2022

Hi,

Alen

Thanks for initial answer I will check.

And I will try to provide more information here so you can help me.

I am testing possibilities of BNG. On access side of BNG I am trying to setup PPPoE client.

Client has next attributes: Username, password, Circuit ID and Remote ID.

Authentication goes through Radius server.

In my setup I have to version of radius. One with Daloradius (Sql-web base Radius) and regular freeradius.

I want to establish PPPoE session and to try authentication according to the Circuit ID attribute filed not according to the username and password.

User and pass should stand in a flow, but main authentication should be performed according to the Circuit ID.

Example:

I have user: test1 and password: test1

Circuit ID is: gige 6/27/0:100.1

Remote ID is: BNG

These two attributes I received on Radius:

(0)   ADSL-Agent-Circuit-Id = 0x6769676520362f32372f303a3130302e31

(0)   ADSL-Agent-Remote-Id = 0x424e47

In order to establish authentication according to the ADSL-Agent-Circuit-Id Attribute how should I setup:

1. Regluar freeradius setup without mysql base? Is the config from below appropriate?

2. Freeradius setup with Daloradius on top?

Thanks in advance, if some more information is needed I will try to provide 😊

BR,

Filip