EAP Failure Code 4

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 18 15:14:28 UTC 2023

On Jul 18, 2023, at 11:00 AM, Paul Bone <paul.bone at probitas-solutions.tech> wrote:
> Thanks Gerald, I was just hoping someone might have already had a similar issue with Unifi APs as it is very hard to get debugging logs when customers are shouting at 1st line support that their WiFi is not working and they don’t want to wait for us to gather info - they want it rebooted and back up ASAP.
>
> I asked here as ubiquiti support have not been the greatest with us so far.
>
> I obviously didn’t word my original request correctly.

  If you want to know WHY FreeFADIUS is sending a reject, then run it in debug mode.  There is NO OTHER WAY to understand the problem.  ALL of the documentation says this.  Including the message you get when you join the list.

  We've spent decades writing documentation, only for some people to go "Nah, I'm not going to read that".  And then complaining loudly about being asked to read the docs.

  This is entirely inappropriate in a public forum.

  And I do have to point out the inherent confusion in asking "What does failure mean", and then being happy when the answer is "failure means failure".