checkrad alternative

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Sun Oct 29 15:09:23 UTC 2023

On 28/10/2023 20:54, Igor Smitran wrote:
> On 28. 10. 23. 18:27, Alan DeKok wrote:
>> See raddb/sites-available/originate-coa
>>    The hack in v3 is to just run the exec module, and exec radclient.
>> It's ugly, but it's likely to work.
>>
> It looks like the only possible way would be to rewrite checkrad and
> send COA from there.

Or as Alan said just write a script to do it and exec that instead of
checkrad.

I still find it surprising it's not available over SNMP. E.g. Cisco ASR
1k supports the CISCO-SUBSCRIBER-SESSION-MIB which seems to contain what
you want:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/mib/guide/asr1kmib/asr1mib3.html#23448

Also make sure you have the correct access to read the SNMP table.

--
Matthew