tunneled_reply vs outer.session-state

Jack Carter jack_carter94 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 21 19:55:13 UTC 2024

Thanks for following up Alan… I have since updated the Apple configuration profiles I use on devices so the inner and outer identity is different and that warning has gone.

Thanks again for your help and apologies for the initial hopeless reports.

Jack

On 21 Apr 2024, at 13:29, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

On Apr 16, 2024, at 7:08 AM, Jack Carter <jack_carter94 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> (7)(8)(9) WARNING: Outer and inner identities are the same.  User privacy is compromised.

 It's a warning.  You're free to ignore it, or fix it.

> (8)(9) pap: WARNING: Auth-Type already set.  Not setting to PAP

 That's another warning.  It's fine.

> I’m assuming the pap warning is more of an FYI as i’m using eap so can be ignored? How can I resolve the outer and inner identities being the same?

 The identities warning comes about because you configured the supplicant to send the same inner and outer identity.  If you want to fix that, you can't fix it on the FreeRADIUS side.

 Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html